BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

My collection of Ateneo Blue Eagles jerseys (including a few PBA shirts too)


I have two more jerseys not in the picture #15 Wesley Gonzales and #44 Steve Watson. I know it's somewhere here at home. Just looking for them.

If you look at Ford Arao's #13, it has the #14 patch in honor of Larry Fonacier after he went down with a season-ending knee injury that prematurely ended his college stint. 

The #17 Zion Laterre is his Team B jersey while the #21 is his Team A shirt. I was Team B "manager" for a year and Zion was one of those players we saw move up to Team A. There were three of them -- Zion, Eman Nazareno, and Mike Baldos -- who moved up to the UAAP team. It is something I am extremely proud of.

#34 is Ace Basas' Team B jersey. I recruited him for Ateneo.




Also have a Wesley Gonzales San Mig Coffee jersey. Just looking for it.




No comments:

Post a Comment