BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Saying thanks to people who made 2015 eventful for me

The year 2015 was most eventful. It had some pretty good highs and some terrible lows. But the good  outweighs the bad by more than a country mile.

I just want to thank some people for the year that was. It was a great one.

FIRST OF ALL, THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO READS MY WORK. I so appreciate it and value you for that.

Want to thank the Dalupan family for giving me a chance to contribute mightily to the book about the Maestro.



To Hans and Manny Sy for being a part of the National University Men’s Basketball Team championship book.


And for the NU Cheerdance team book and the crew -- Gabby, Pat, Sir Pocholo, Mar, Philip, and Ed!



To Rhose Montreal for picking me to be editor-in-chief of PBA Life and Hardcourt. I appreciate it and treasure it.



My hardworking staff for PBA Life & Hardcourt: Ruey, Rikky, Maya, Jason, Naveen, Stu, Favian, Jay, Roxci, Jessica, Jasmine, Philip, Mon, Mandy, Alvin, Paul, Brosi, Arvin, Popoy, Mar, Francis, Randolph, Enzo, Nico, Claudia, and Richard. And Cathy P!




Chito Salud for giving me the chance to introduce the Philippine military into the PBA Finals. 

To the Philippine Army for that cool award. Thanks Colonel Arnulfo Burgos.



Jun Lomibao, Dino Maragay, Vlad Bunoan, and Ryan Songalia for giving me a platform to write. 

The people I worked with for the comics I published - Rey Asturias, Sandy Gonzaga, Niño Balita, JM Valenzuela, Ronzkie Pacho-Vidal, Bianca Lesaca, Mark Del Rosario, and Richie Ramos. 



To the Komikon organizers -- Sherry, Jon, Ariel, Lei and everyone else.

To my fellow Marvel Zombie podcasters — Jiggy Cruz (my younger bro from another mom who always looks out for me), Gerard Poa, Earl Maghirang, Tony Tuason, and Jeff Canoy. 









To Epok Quimpo, Arthur Lim, MG Ebro, Yeyey Yatco, Eddie Ching, Mikey Bengzon, Manny 
Pelaez, Art Sabong, Jet Nieto, Rod Onglatco, Mike Yu, Nonoy Chuatico, Joey Guillermo, Roger Gorayeb, and Louie Alas. My cousins Peter Olivares and Pia Caluag! Thanks for being there and being so supportive.

My bro, Bob Guerrero -- my eternal cheerleader and fount of optimism.

Mr. Jun Gaw, Pocholo and Pat Chunsim.

The Blue Eagle moms - Mozzy, Pam, Janet, Irene, Carol, and Bing. 



To Lannie Galvan, Felice Olondriz, Pam Nobles, Ning Arnaez, AR Ticzon, Ken Ti, and Francis Abad for being so supportive of my comics.

To Victor Cui.

To Liverpool Football Club and Standard Chartered for making me a part of the family.






My GroupM family — Pam, Gelo, Arnie, Ton, Anna, and Marcia. To my Pepsico peeps — Steve, Angel, Mikey, and Boss Tony!



To Tito Butch and Tita Connie Bonoan. Tito Jess dela Fuente. My dad's barkada since his Ateneo Grade School days for the rescue effort.

My parents and siblings, and my family. 



No comments:

Post a Comment