BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Friday, October 30, 2015

Check out my new D Rose 6 kicks from adidas!



This is my first ever D Rose shoe. I haven't worn basketball shoes in a long while. Not since I last played a game that was about three years ago. I can't play how I used to due to age and an assortment of injuries over the years.

Nevertheless, the D Rose 6 is something I look forward to trying out.

Built after the latest in a long line of injuries of the Chicago Bulls' star point guard, the D Rose 6 is equipped with forefoot and heel boot cushioning that is designed to ensure energy return and maximum comfort. You won't believe the features incorporated in this shoe that is for foot protection! The FITFRAME heel cage and straps were constructed to deliver an adaptive fit. And on the outside of the shoe is a herringbone traction pattern that adds optimum grip. 

All these safety features are no accident. Brian Foresta, vice president of adidas' global design said, "Derrick is in a different place than he was a few years ago and we wanted to create a shoe that shares his focus to bring a championship home (to Chicago). Our close work with Derrick allowed us to design a shoe that reflects his journey and helps build his game."

The D Rose 6 is out in the local market and is priced at Php 8,495 and comes in two different colors -- the "Home" version that is white and the "Road" version that is in red. There will be five more color variants out by the end of the year.



Thanks to the Three Stripes!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment