BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Monday, February 25, 2013

From Maor Rozen on leaving Kaya


Manila, February 24, 2013.

Dear Sirs,

Mabuhay!

Hereby I would like to give answers to all your questions about my resignation of yesterday, Feb.23, 2013 as the Head Coach of Kaya FC.

This resignation was informed by writing yesterday to the President of the Club, Mr. Santiago Araneta. KAYA ́s statement was already published in the website of the Club, and according to what I explained you (and I appreciate your kind understanding), after this statement I can give you the main reason of this hard decision.

This is the first time in my 28 years as a Football Coach, which more than 20 as a Professional Coach that I resign. It means the decision was not easy. The pain is deep.

But sometimes Coach has to sacrifice himself for the good of a team, his players, the Club, the fans. And unfortunately this time came now after so many years of coaching in different continents of the world.

It was my failure not to have been able to extract the best from the players who were part of the roster of the Club, who have a supreme quality as footballers. I take my responsibility thereon.

I understood that the best and the most honest decision that I could follow was to facilitate to the club to look for a different alternative in the professional management of the team. I am talking about commitment, feelings and other values that I received along my life, also and especially in the Philippines.

My honesty and professionalism was in play and even sacrificing my own interests, I owe fidelity and respect to the President of the Club, his staff and the players.

I will continue assisting the football in the Philippines as I am doing since 2007 from different positions. Philippines is in my heart and I will try from my trench to continue fighting for the improvement of the football here with the humility of always and the respect by the Filipino values.

Moreover, I encourage you, the media people, to continue supporting the best development of the football in the country, for the good of the sport, your rich culture and the new generations to come.

Thanking you in advance I would like through you to thank all the innumerable demonstrations of support I receive daily from here and from abroad from people that know my professional and human behavior and that know the hard time I am living.

At the end, I would like to express my deep gratitude to KAYA FC in all its stratums for the support, respect towards my professional work and the human warmth of its components.

Any other questions you want to ask me, it will be a pleasure for me to answer you personally.

Maor Rozen
UEFA Pro License Coach

1 comment:

  1. Sayang nag resign sya, gumaganda na sana ang flow ng offense ng Kaya.

    ReplyDelete