BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Sole Academy in Katipunan


On my way home today, I dropped by Bootcamp at the Regis Center to pick up my copies of the latest issue of Football Philippines. I was thinking of grabbing a quick bite at the Pancake House next to Regis Center when I spotted SOLE ACADEMY (Unit D No. 29 F. dela Rosa St. cor. Katipunan Avenue, Loyola Heights -- in front of Gate 3 of Ateneo). I have never seen that shop before (yeah, I know it was launched in September of last year and I live five minutes away from Ateneo but still...) so I decided to check it out. The Air Jordan collection in the stairwell is one of the shop's attractions. It has all 24 Air Jordans. Amazing. 


I spoke with old friend Jojo Hizon who co-owns the shop and SOLE ACADEMY is a shop for lifestyle kicks. They complement Bootcamp (football gear) and the Riovana shops at the Regis Center. They carry Nike, Vans, Asics, Palladium, adidas, Converse, and Puma. 



Inside the fitting room of the second floor is a mural of LeBron James guarding Kobe Bryant. Tres cool. They also have a lot of limited edition kicks that you will not find anywhere else (not even in other countries). So check them out. I will do so again when I have a little dough to spend.




No comments:

Post a Comment