BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pitchers wanted and Chuck loves hockey.


Saw this on a baseball blog the other day. Guess they took this down from craigslist right away soon after this made the news. And well, now, it's old news. You might want to read this.


It’s cool that former UST Tiger Chester Taylor is an ice hockey fan. We’ve been exchanging messages about our love for the coolest sport on Earth. I first interviewed Chuck during his final year playing for UST and it was great going to their campus and hanging out with them. I think I did a good job with the story because I’ve become friends with those guys – Japs Cuan who is now coaching the Tigresses, Chuck, Dylan (of course!), and Jervy Cruz.

But who would have thought that ice hockey would be a common passion? Chuck's favorite hockey player is Bobby Ryan of Team USA and the Anaheim Mighty Ducks. Obviously, the Mighty Ducks are his fave team! He's also a fan of the New Jersey Devils' left wing Ilya Kovalchuk.

No comments:

Post a Comment