BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Monday, September 27, 2010

"Wala" lang


This picture of a couple of media friends and myself was taken by Jan Dizon. This was during the San Beda-Letran match last week at the San Juan Arena that was a yawner of boring proportions. We were dissing one of the most stupid cheers or jeers ever known to man -- that cheer of "wala" when an opposing team attempts a free throw. Walang kabisa-bisa yung bwisit na jeer na yan. Wala lang. O di ba?

1 comment:

  1. That had happened to me on a live game of Letran and Mapua and also Letran and San Beda during one of the live games of the NCAA Season 91... Man, I really hate these kind of fans! The cheering of "Wala" or "Boo!" is very unnecessary! Nakaka-sira ng experience, lalo na ako ay introvert... Sana hindi na lang sila sumigaw ng ganun! :/

    ReplyDelete