BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Friday, June 25, 2010

A cold and chilly reception yet it isn't even winter

The French national football team returned to muted and cold silence yesterday although a few of them met with the French president Nicolas Sarkozy. Heads will roll for this most shameful performance and in the picture below, this is perhaps the last time these bunch will be together. I can make out Bacary Sagna, William Gallas, Djibril Cisse, Hugo Lloris, Patrice Evra, and Thierry Henry as the all bid each other goodbye upon reaching French soil. Incidentally, the two finalists of the 2006 World Cup Finals -- France and Italy were booted out of the group stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment