BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Friday, August 28, 2009

Halikinu Radio Episode 8

We invited the three captains of the Ateneo Men's Volleyball Team: Vian Seranilla, JR Intal, and Ed Ortega and we all agree that their inclusion gave the show a different dimension. Their segment was as fun as anything that came before. The questions asked provided most insightful answers. JR being the youngest of the Intal brothers was already known to the Jai Reyes -- who did a great job as guest host -- and the Blue Crew so hindi na nagkahiyaan sa kulitan at asaran. Inviting the AMVT them to come over was a way of helping them and giving them some importance. Good luck in the Miranda Cup where they are 3-1. The next non-basketball team we invite is the Ateneo Men's Football Team (I think in two weeks).
With the Blue Crew. Mikko Abello, Mike Baldos, Jai Reyes, and Merrill Lazo. Not present from the crew was Mark Intal. Check out their line of Ateneo Blue Eagles t-shirts that are real cool. Now why in the Blue Hell am I plugging their shirts?! Bwahahahaha! I joked about naming my new tee shirt group as Get Crewed or Blue Blued. Hahahaha. Yes, I'm back in the game. Wait na lang for the designs.

It was fun having these guys on the show kasi mga loko rin mga 'to. I honestly thought the discussions were maybe one of the best on the show this year. Next week, the guests are Olsen Racela, Mico Halili, and Lia Cruz (again) -- the old hosts of Halikinu Radio. And the new gang will be back to full strength as Mhel Garrido and Martin David will be back in the groove.

Yna keeps tabs on Chuck's "You knows."

No comments:

Post a Comment