BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

More pics from the SMART Gilas adventure in Jakarta

Posing with members of the team at our hotel lobby. Love the Detroit Pistons look of their jackets.

Dinner at Outback in Central Jakarta. I'm way over at the far end. This was a treat by the Indonesian dude to the right of the pic.

Just got these from Coach (and tennis great) Jim Saret the other day. Thanks. We're meeting up next week! I have all these video interviews with Rajko Toroman, Chris Tiu, Mario Palma etc. And other material. Just have to figure out what to do with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment