BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Friday, March 20, 2009

Pics from New York


I once worked here for four months. Good friend Miggy Mendoza snapped up this picture just the other day and immediately sent it to me. I worked here part time and at night. Some times I worked the floor assisting customers with their purchases. Usually I spun the CDs on a mixer and had a lot of fun doing it. The last time I spun stuff like that was in high school and those were with vinyl records. I wanted to work first at Tower Records at the Lincoln Center but they had no opening then. The Virgin Megastore was the coolest. I had a day job but I always wanted to find some extra work (my day job I used for savings, home, tuition etc. while what I earned at night went to my luho -- CDs and traveling).

The pic below is from the St. Patrick's Day Parade.

No comments:

Post a Comment