BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Friday, January 30, 2009

My vote for the All-Star Game in Phoenix


My vote for the NBA All-Star Game line-ups:

My ballot is cast. After deliberating and polling myself, I can say that the vote is in. Overseen by NAMFREL. No vote buying. No flying voters. Oh. You mean to say that only exists in this country?

Well then. The rest is easy. I wonder how it stacks up to the popular vote.


East
-- coach Mike Brown (Cleveland Cavaliers)
Dwight Howard (Orlando Magic) - C
Kevin Garnett - (Boston Celtics) PF
LeBron James - (Cleveland Cavaliers) SF
Dwyane Wade - (Miami Heat) SG
Jameer Nelson - (Orlando Magic) PG
reserves:
Paul Pierce (Boston Celtics)
Chris Bosch (Toronto Raptors)
Devin Harris (New Jersey Nets)
Mo Williams (Cleveland Cavaliers)
Danny Granger (Indiana Pacers)
Joe Johnson (Atlanta Hawks)
Josh Smith (Atlanta Hawks)

West -- coach Phil Jackson (Los Angeles Lakers)
Yao Ming - (Houston Rockets) C
Tim Duncan - (San Antonio Sterns) PF
Brandon Roy - (Portland Trailblazers) SF
Kobe Bryant - (Los Angeles Lakers) SG
Chris Paul - (New Orleans Hornets) PG
rerserves:
Amare Stoudemire (Phoenix Suns)
Shaquille O'Neal (Phoenix Suns)
Tony Parker (San Antonio Sterns)
Pau Gasol (Los Angeles Lakers)
Dik Nowitski (Dallas Mavericks)
Carmelo Anthony (Denver Nuggets)
Chauncey Billups (Denver Nuggets)

Who else I'd like to see: Jose Calderon, Chris Duhon, Derrick Rose, Rashard Lewis, Steve Nash, and David West.

No comments:

Post a Comment