BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Friday, November 21, 2008

Making a list and checking it twice


Breakfast: Kellogg's Frosted Flakes & Pokka Cappuccino.

Patted my dog for a bit then gave her beef hash and a little milk.

Switched on my iTunes. Got both Barcelona bands playing (the Seattle version and the late lamented indie outfit from Virginia).


This I'm looking for to giveaway this Christmas. Hey, Timothy Zahn, you gotta have one of these. Them Dark Jedi's do not stand a chance.

So does Toys R Us carry this?

Hey.... take a look at this. Maybe Tom Brady ain't so bad after all.






Had a conversation with Mike Abasolo before the start of the second session of Sports Nation last night at Kolektib at Cubao X about my list of Top Coaches for the Year. Then howzabout Top College Coaches of the last 30 years.

Here's my take without ranking yet:
Francis Rodriguez
Turo Valenzona
Joe Lipa
Aric Del Rosario
Joel Banal
Franz Pumaren
Koy Banal
Derek Pumaren
Ato Tolentino (I won't comment about personal ehtics here so I'll be objective)
Roehl Nadurata

Since I'm doing lists, here are some guys who have yet to show up in this year's English Premier League:
Dimitar Berbatov
Didier Drogba
Robbie Keane
Fernando Torres
Emanuel Abdebayor

By contrast Roman Pavyluchenko and Amr Zaki have really made their presence felt for their respective clubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment