BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Friday, December 28, 2007

Triple A: adidas ateneo apparel



It's incredible how these babies have been selling. The second shipment is almost entirely sold out in almost every store. I love the jacket because it's soft and keeps you snug and warm. I got one for mai baby this Christmas. Hey, Goody! I'm still waiting for mine. Hahahaha.

I did the rounds of some stores to see how they sell and who checks them out. Interestingly enough, there are buyers who aren't even from Ateneo. I think that's real cool. Like the adidas store in Ali Mall Cubao, the sales people make it a point to ask the buyers if they're from Ateneo. Some say they aren't but they either root for the blue and white or they like the designs of the two different jackets and shirts out there. Naks!

So to our friends from adidas, when will the jerseys be out?

No comments:

Post a Comment