BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Monday, October 29, 2007

How can you not root for this guy?



He was a star in the waiting even when Thierry Henry was still with the Gunners. I knew that in spite of the Frenchman's departure there would be no drop off more so since they have a talented team. Now that the offense is a little more spread out, Cesc Fabregas has emerged as a scoring force. They tied Liverpool, but how can you not feel for the Gunners? They played with more flair and heart (which is more than I can say about the Reds). They just never gave up and got the badly needed equalizer to send them back to the top of the EPL standings.

No comments:

Post a Comment